Thursday, June 28, 2012

Colette's Blog


Perfect Summer Recipe!
So, I LOVE tomatoes with fresh basil, mozzarella, and a little olive oil. However, I was looking to up the ante a little and then I came across this recipe I had buried in my ever growing recipe collection. You'll probably be thinking, "Peaches with tomatoes? Is this girl crazy?!!?" Trust me, I thought the same. This recipe is sweet, savory, and refreshing. I recommend romancing it a little by pulling a card table outside, add a tablecloth, candle, a great bottle of wine, and someone you love. My husband and I sat and talked the night (and the wine) away & enjoyed a delicious, relaxing meal together.

Farfalle Pasta with Peaches, Heirloom Tomatoes, & Mozzarella
Ingredients
1 head of fresh fennel, cut into a small dice
2 shallots, peeled & cut into a small dice
Grated lemon zest
3 T. Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
4-6 white &/or yellow peaches
4-7 heirloom tomatoes, cut into a large dice
1 1/2 pounds mozzarella, cut into squares
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
1 pound farfalle pasta, cooked according to package directions
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan until hot. Turn heat to low.
2. Add the fennel and shallots. Cook about 2 minutes.
3. Turn off heat. Add grated lemon zest & vinegar. Let cool.
4. Add peaches, tomatoes, mozzarella, & basil to vinaigrette mixture.
5. Toss lightly with pasta, check seasoning, and serve immediately.
Great as a cold dish too!

No comments: